At an exciting time in the development of this new business entity, we are searching for a highly capable General Manager to join the company.
31 Jul 2019
General Manager – Channel Irrigation Scheme
Fairbairn Irrigation Network Ltd
About the Company
Fairbairn Irrigation Network Limited (FIN) is a locally owned company managing the distribution of up to 86,000 megalitres of water from the Fairbairn Dam to channel customers. Through an extensive irrigation supply and drainage network, FIN is responsible for the timely delivery of water for use in irrigated annual crops, horticulture, and stock and domestic supply.
At an exciting time in the development of this new business entity, we are searching for a highly capable General Manager to join the company. The principle function of the position is to provide general oversight and assume responsibility for managing FIN’s day-to-day operational and compliance activities, utilising a small local workforce to provide high level customer focused services. The position will report to the FIN Board.
- Lead, manage and direct staff to safely deliver reliable water to irrigation customers;
- Oversee sound financial management of the business by development, implementation and maintenance of robust financial practices including annual budgets and reporting on financial performance.
- Plan and implement asset maintenance and renewal programs for the scheme.
- Report and present to the FIN board, assisting the Board to fulfil its governance functions effectively and to a high standard.
- Positively promote l company values and behaviours to support the delivery of our services, developing strong working relationships with customers, stakeholders and service providers.
- Drive business improvement and efficiencies toward sustainable outcomes.
- Proven Management experience and knowledge of business processes and functions including finance, HR, procurement and contractual.
- Commercial and business acumen with a clear focus on understanding and addressing customer service requirements.
- An energetic leader, self-motivated and highly ethical with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proven ability in cultivating and maintaining relationships with clients, customers and stakeholders in local communities.
- Ability to bring thought leadership to the role in order to drive a continuous improvement philosophy and sustainable business environment for FIN.
Highly Preferable Skills:
- Background in water industry or agribusiness preferable but not essential, with knowledge of the context and environment within which FIN operates.
- Possession of, or ability to demonstrate progress towards achieving, qualifications in business management, engineering, project management or other field relevant to the key accountabilities of this position
An attractive package is on offer to attract high quality candidates.
To apply email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.